Your investment in the Solution Design Workshop is $13,500 (excluding Justin’s travel and living expenses). This investment covers the two-day workshop, a comprehensive outcomes document and a formal presentation-of-findings meeting.
Our terms require payment in full, at time of booking.
If you are prepared to commit to our Managed SPE Fast Track option prior to the Solution Design Workshop we will roll your Solution Design Workshop into month one of the MSPE engagement fee (meaning the workshop is free).
Furthermore, we will give you the ability to opt-out (with no penalty) at the end of month one, if you decide, post workshop, that you’d like to go-it-alone.
For many organizations this is an appealing option because it benefits the company either way.
If you proceed with Managed SPE, you save $13,500 (and a bunch of time); and, if you don’t, you get the Solution Design Workshop for $8,400 (which is our standard monthly fee for Managed SPE), saving $5,100.
Although the format of the workshop is flexible (and it needs to be!), we work through the following basic process:
- Develop an understanding of your current reality. Including what’s working — and what’s not — with respect to your sales process and other associated processes
- Build a conceptual model of the desired future reality
- Define the practical attributes of this future reality (resourcing, process design, technology, measurements, promotional activities, etc)
- Design the process required to transition your organisation from its current to its future reality (a high-level project outline)
- Produce an outcomes document (containing a summary of the conclusions we reached, along with all diagrams)
- Present findings to your management team in a formal workshop
In the deliberations above, we consider the following:
- Organisational strategy (competitive advantage and all that)
- Opportunity origination (how you generate sales opportunities)
- Opportunity-management (how you convert opportunities into sales)
- Customer service (processing transactions, generating quotes, handling customer issues and so on)
- The integration of the processes above with operations
- Human resource requirements (salespeople and support personnel)
- Process management and metrics (how do you synchronise activities within — and between — processes?)
- Technology (CRM, management information, digital marketing, etc)
- Communication requirements (information packages, websites, email, webinars, etc)
- Change-management issues
The Solution Design Workshop will be facilitated by Justin Roff-Marsh. Justin is the founder and President of Ballistix.
He is responsible for the development of Sales Process Engineering (Ballistix’s approach to design and management of the sales process. He is also an expert in the Theory of Constraints (a qualified Jonah). He’s the author of Reengineering the Sales Process and The Machine.
Justin presents SPE to thousands of executives at conferences each year and spends most of his remaining time consulting on its implementation.
Justin has lead consulting engagements in North America, Australasia, South America and Europe, with organisations ranging in size from GE Energy, Lamar, Arca and Midwesco, through countless small to medium enterprises.
The Solution Design Workshop will be facilitated by Justin Roff-Marsh. He will be accompanied by our Engagement Lead and a Ballistix MSPE Consultant.
Where the team participating in the workshop is concerned, we recommend:
- The team be no larger than 10 people
- It contains all of your C-level executives
- It includes the directors of sales, marketing and customer service
- If the firm has advisors with an interest in sales and operations, they should be present
While we prepare the Solution Design Workshop in the expectation that you will engage with us, there is no commitment required on your behalf do so. Furthermore, we are careful to prepare this Solution Design Workshop so that it has true stand-alone value.
While we would not encourage you to implement the findings of this Solution Design Workshop without the benefit of our experience, this is nonetheless technically possible.